Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Husband's Favorite Meatloaf!


My husband says he can eat meatloaf all day everyday! I wanted to put together a recipe together that we all loved, so that I can make it the same way every time. This is the result of several experiments that my husband was happy to be a part of. We loved it! I used fresh spices from my mother-in-law's garden and some organic ingredients. I used Sofrito instead of mincing onion, garlic, and peppers, because I usually have Sofrito already made and in the refrigerator. The spices make this meatloaf flavorful and aromatic. From our family to yours, we hope you enjoy!

Cook Time


Prep time: 20 min 
Cook time: 40 min 
Ready in: 1 hour 
Yields: Serves 6-8 people

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs Organic Ground Chuck Beef
  • 2 hashbrowns, defrosted, diced, and crumbled
  • 3 tbsp Italian Bread Crumbs
  • 1 tsp Fresh Broad leaf basil, chopped fine
  • 1tsp Fresh thyme, chopped fine
  • 1 tsp Fresh dill, chopped fine
  • 1 tsp Fresh rosemary, chopped fine
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp or as desired Salt
  • 1/2 tsp or as desired Ground black pepper
  • 1 heaping tablespoon Sofrito
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1tsp Fresh Parsley, For garnish
  • 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, For the sauce
  • 3 tbsp Organic sugar, For the sauce
  • 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder, For the sauce
  • 1/4 cup Ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup), For the sauce

Steps












  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then transfer into a baking Pyrex.
  2. Mix all the ingredients of the sauce and then pour the sauce on the meatloaf and let the sauce get in between the glass and the meatloaf on all sides.
  3. Bake for 40-45 min on 350 F depending on your oven. Wallah!I If you can stick a fork in it and it comes out clean then it's done. Let it stand for 10 min then slice, serve, and enjoy!
Click here to see the recipe for the best Cornbread ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment