Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Best Cornbread Recipe I Have Ever Tried!


This is the best cornbread recipe I have ever tried. I pride myself in being sort of a connoisseur of cornbread, and I have tried recipes that added corn, cheese, etc. Although, never before this recipe did I try one like it. It was given to me by my Mother-in-law. She knows about good cooking! It's delicious! Don't take my word for it, try it yourself and let me know how it goes!


Cook Time


Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
Ready in: 55 min
Yields: Serves 12

Ingredients



  • 3 cups yellow squash, thinly sliced
  • 2 small cornbread mixes, Jiffy
  • 12 oz cottage cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 teaspoon organic sugar
  • 1 stick butter, melted

Steps


  • Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix all the ingredients, except the butter, together in a big bowl.
  • Melt the butter and use 1 tblsp of it to grease a 9x13 pyrex.
  • Pour the mixture into the pyrex and pour the butter on top.
  • Bake at 375 for 35-40 min depending on your oven. You can stick a fork in it and if the fork is clean when you pull it out, it is ready. Enjoy!

A great main dish to serve with this cornbread is Meatloaf; click here for a great recipe.
Or click here to see the recipe for Carnitas!

No comments:

Post a Comment